The levels of support include engineering support and application administration:
- Respond to routine and emergent issues and problems. 24-hour on-call service is available for emergent issues.
- Coordination of software and hardware updates.
- Workqueue management regarding:
- Result transmissions from point-of-care devices into Epic.
- Laboraotry order and/or result transmissions between UVA and affiliated outreach locations (eg. Atlas).
- Laboratory order and/or result transmissions between UVA and partner hospitals (such as Augusta Health and Bon Secours St. Marys).
- Reference lab interfaces with both Mayo and Quest Diagnostics.
- Order and/or result transmissions between the lab information system and interfaced analyzers.
- The transmission of reportable results to the state Department of Health.
- Coordination of Engineering and task/project prioritization.
- Maintain dictionary and lookup tables.
- Configuration of new tests/batteries across systems.